Vatn is a long-haired man wearing a black coat, a brown shirt, a pair of leather boots, and a white handkerchief hanging within his neck.
He is often known as the Ghost Killer. In the Extra Ops in which he is featured, Vatn is hired by a town to stop a supernatural party, and completes his task.
Aswang's description states that Vatn chased her out of a town she frequented and severely wounded her, causing her to seek revenge on him.
Vatn later appears in Another Story, in "Ωmegalpha". Like in "Halloween Train", Vatn was hired by a village to investigate ghosts that were connected to Ptolemaios. Vatn goes over his plan with their new partner, the Red Goblin. He launches his attack on the Ptolemaic base with his automated mortars and turrets, causing heavy casualties.
He later reappears with Red and Scotia to search for a legendary samurai on a deserted island.
- His appearance and design is based on Van Helsing.
- His appearance is also based on Rikiya Busujima from Zombie Revenge.
- If Vatn is defeated, he will appear to pull out a bomb which will result in his self-destruction.
- He is also called 'Vaphaton' in the game's files.
- One of the palettes in the concept art bears a resemblance to Alucard from the anime and manga Hellsing.
- His concept art also shows he uses an M240 Bravo similar to Allen before the large Gatling Gun.
- He is available for purchase at the United Shop in the 5th United Front event.