Tyra Elson is one of the two player characters from Metal Slug Advance. She is part of what appeared to be a physical exercise.
Her desire to fight evil made her enlist in the Peregrine Falcons. After receiving the highest grade on the written tests given to the cadets when they enlist, she does not hesitate to participate in the final physical training. She then discovered the rebel attack on the island, and became excited to know she'd finally thwart the forces of evil, like she always wanted. She met Walter after graduating and became good friends with him. Despite being cold-looking and merciless from the outside, she cares about the ones she knows and loves, especially her dog, Angelica.
One of the cards you can get in Metal Slug Advance is Angelica. The card describes her as "One Friendly Pug".
In Other Games
Metal Slug Defense
She later cameos in Metal Slug Defense, with her appearance being based on her in-game sprites rather than her official art, but she finally appears as a playable unit. With the cost of 140 AP and having 4500 HP on level 40, Tyra uses a Super Grenade for her long range attack and throws a Molotov as her special.
Metal Slug Attack
She makes her reappearance in Metal Slug Attack's "Mutation War" event as a Pack-Shop unit (now available in the Medal Crank). She is able to throw three Molotovs, each one increasing in distance. Her sprites are darker in color.
A character named Anna Wiese appears in the "Tough & Cool" event as a $30 pre-acquisition unit. She's basically a blonde and green-clad version of Tyra, able to shoot two Super Grenades at once and a piercing Hyper Grenade. Anna's close range attack is a crouching kick rather than a standard kick that Tyra does.
- She is the only female that is part of the Peregrine Falcons.
- She is the first Regular Army female that wears normal pants instead of shorts.
- On the Official Web Site, Tyra is referred to as "Tyler Elson", and for some reason the site gives the same description as Macba.
- She uses an edited sprite of Nadia.
- Unused sprites found in Metal Slug Advance's data show Tyra looking at herself in a pocket mirror. This gets used in Metal Slug Defense and Attack.