The Toschka Dalanue is the second boss in Metal Slug 4.
This armed tower was created by the Amadeus Syndicate to serve as a vigilance spot and a barrier against anyone foolish enough to cross its path.
This boss is composed of five floors in total, with Sector 5 at the bottom and Sector 1 at the top, operated by a fake Allen O'Neil. When a floor is destroyed, the floors above replace the destroyed one.
- Sector 5 periodically two horizontal cannons with same sprites as those shot by Di-Cokka.
- Sector 4 is manned with four rebel bazooka soldiers. One soldier comes out at a time to attack the player. When Sector 4 is at the bottom floor, it shoots out a rocket to the left of the screen.
- Sector 3 has two openings by which fireballs can be shot to the player. These fireballs follow trajectory paths downwards, and upon contact, the player burns to death.
- Sector 2 is manned with a rifleman and a bazooka soldier.
- Sector 1 is armed by Allen O'Neil. The main cannon periodically shoots a heavy shell at a player, while bombs are shot from the three parachute bomb launchers towards the top of the screen. These bombs, equipped with parachutes, descend from the top of the screen, exploding upon contact with a player. These bombs can be destroyed with weapons, and parachutes can be destroyed with melee attack.
|Sector Number||Difficulty Levels|
|Level 1||Level 4||Level 8|
In Other Games
The Toschka Dalanue appears as a playable unit in the 1.43.0 update. Here, the Toschka Danalue appears with only Sectors 1 and 2 due to screen size-related issues.
The tower is built by a Miner who, alongside the M-3 Rocket Launch Support Van, has the slowest building time in the game. As it has no Special Attack, the tower attacks with everything: its parachute missiles, both bazooka and rifleman Rebel soldiers, and two shots of the tower's cannon at differing angles.
The Toschka Dalanue also appears on Metal Slug Attack as an obtainable unit, introduced in the Extra Ops "Destroy the Tower", where it is both the main boss and daily ranking reward. In the opening cinematic all of its five sectors appear, but it gets reduced into two by Yoshino's destruction.
In comparison with its MSD variant, its large cannon is split off to a Special Attack. The area of the Special Attack can be improved with Skill 4, giving a damaging shockwave effect upon impact.
Rather than using a Miner, the tower deploys similarly as that of the Assy Nero, where it can be seen on the mini-map moving continuously off-screen until an enemy unit is near. However unlike the Assy Nero, the Toschka Dalanue falls a few spaces away from the nearest enemy unit.
A variant called the Toschka Dalanue II appears in the "Silent Assassin" Extra Ops, manned by the Amadeus Infantry and a damaged Mecha Allen. Its long range attack now includes Mecha Allen throwing his grenades while its Special Attack is two shots of its cannon, giving away a bit of power for knockback,
- This is the first time Allen appears as a boss enemy instead of his usual mid-boss status.
- A strange oddity: when the tower first appears, there are palm trees in the background. After everyone lands on the battle arena, the area is now located on an open plain with no trees in sight.
- At the beginning of the battle, when Sectors 4 and 5 are at the bottom floor, Sector 3 above Sector 4 can still be damaged and destroyed while being partially out of the screen. When Sector 3 is completely destroyed, its sprite remains, but the score stops increasing even while the players keep "damaging" it.
- Like all Metal Slug 4 bosses, it was made using old sprites from previous Metal Slug games: