The Toschka Dalanue is the second boss in Metal Slug 4.
This boss is composed of five floors in total, with Sector 5 at the bottom and Sector 1 at the top, operated by a fake Allen O'Neil. When a floor is destroyed, the floors above replace the destroyed one.
- Sector 5 periodically two horizontal cannons with same sprites as those shot by Di-Cokka.
- Sector 4 is manned with four rebel bazooka soldiers. One soldier comes out at a time to attack the player. When Sector 4 is at the bottom floor, it shoots out a rocket to the left of the screen.
- Sector 3 has two openings by which fireballs can be shot to the player. These fireballs follow trajectory paths downwards, and upon contact, the player burns to death.
- Sector 2 is manned with a rifleman and a bazooka soldier.
- Sector 1 is armed by Allen O'Neil. The main cannon periodically shoots a heavy shell at a player, while bombs are shot from the three parachute bomb launchers towards the top of the screen. These bombs, equipped with parachutes, descend from the top of the screen, exploding upon contact with a player. These bombs can be destroyed with weapons, and parachutes can be destroyed with melee attack.
|Sector Number||Difficulty Levels|
|Level 1||Level 4||Level 8|
- This is the first time Allen appears as a boss enemy instead of his usual mid-boss status.
- At the beginning of the battle, when Sectors 4 and 5 are at the bottom floor, Sector 3 above Sector 4 can still be damaged and destroyed while being partially out of the screen. When Sector 3 is completely destroyed, its sprite remains, but the score stops increasing even while the players keep "damaging" it.
- It also Appears on Metal Slug Defense as a playable unit (added in the 1.43.0 update).
- In MSD, Toschka Danalue appears with two sectors only (Sector 2 and Sector 1) due to screen size-related issues.
- The Miner has the slowest building time, shared with the M-3 Rocket Launch Support Van.
- The Toschka Dalanue also appears on Metal Slug Attack as an obtainable unit, introduced in Extra Op "Destroy the tower", where it is both the main boss and daily ranking reward. Comparison with its MSD variant, the area of the Special Attack can be improved with Skill 4, taking the same effect of Big Shiee's Special at Skill 4.
- As a curious detail, all of its sectors can be shown at the Extra Ops opening, marking the first time that this happens on the series' mobiles releases (even if it occurs only in a cinematic).
- Its method of appearing in the stage is same as that of Assy Nero, where it can be seen on the mini-map moving continuously until an enemy unit is near. However, it doesn't attack that enemy unit during its appearance on the stage, unlike Assy Nero.
- To date, its Special Attack is the most powerful special attack in the game, dealing 12,000 damage (assuming that its 4th skill is unlocked), surpassing Big Shiee's Special Attack, which deals "only" 10,000 damage.
- Like all Metal Slug 4 bosses, it was made using old sprites from previous Metal Slug games: