The Ten Commandments of Moses is the second boss from Metal Slug 3.
This strange artifact of alien origin was created to serve as a beacon for the martians. It has turned nearly every living person around it, including scientists studying it, Rebel soldiers and even survivors of a nearby plane crash into zombies. The beacon causes a power surge that destroyed the floodlights around it, and possibly even caused the plane crash which resulted in civillians joining it's undead horde. The artifact is protected by Monoeyes which hover around it, the zombies it creates, and its ability to drop powerful Monoliths that crush anything beneath them.
Before fighting this boss, you must first defeat the Monoeyes that protect it. After that, the boss will show itself. Its only attack is to illuminate its core, summoning Monoliths with alien runes inscribed on them to fall from the sky above your character.
Before landing, a beam of light will shine on the player, indicating a planned landing spot, giving the player a moment's notice to get out of its way. After impact, the Monoliths will slowly sink into the ground. Shooting them will make them sink faster.
However, as the beacon receives more damage, the monoliths will begin to drop faster until it becomes very difficult to dodge.
- The Monoliths may be a reference to the movie 2001: A Space Odyssey with notable allusions to the Ten Commandments of Biblical legend. A few obscure theories even exist in real life connecting the Biblical Ten Commandments to extraterrestrial activity.
- It may be called "The Ten Commandments of Moses" because of how Monoliths rain down from the sky from this ancient ruin, and because of how some scientists believe that The Ten Commandments were sent from highly advanced beings.
- It's also possible that whatever process the Ten Commandments of Moses uses to make zombies has been synthesized by Martian's forces and the Amadeus Syndicate to create the zombies found in other areas and games.
- Though not explicitly stated, the fact that it can cause the lights surrounding it to short out and explode implies that it was probably the cause of the nearby airline crash as well.
- The Ten Commandments of Moses appears as a Special boss in Metal Slug Defense in mission 86 and 90. Now it can Rapid-drop Monoliths at the enemy.
- It's name in Metal Slug Defense is "Monoeye UFO", that solved the question why Monoeyes protect this.