The Sol Dae Rokker is the fourth boss from Metal Slug 3.
This is an instrument of the Sun God in Japanese mythology. This life form is in charge of protecting its ancient ruins from intruders. Due to the conflict of the Rebel Army, and Regular Army around the ruins it got ransacked, and Sol Dae Rokker became furious and started attacking anyone who is responsible.
The boss' only weak point is the small red jewel in its forehead. It attacks by charging the jewel with either red or yellow energy. The yellow beams will randomly spread, while the red beams fire in fast bursts that shoot towards the player. It can also charge a purple beam from its 'mouth', that can turn the player into coins, which can be collected by second player for points. Occasionally, it will generate deadly wolf-shaped flying spirits that fly around for a while before finally crashing into the player. As an indicator to how much health it has left, the boss's color will gradually turn more red, and its attacks will speed up as well.
- "Sol Dae Rokker" is a corruption of the Spanish for "Sun [made] of rock" (Spanish: "Sol de roca").
- It is still called "Sol de roca" in the game's files for Metal Slug Attack.
- The pillars located on the platform where the battle takes place look similar to the Aztec deity known as "Quetzalcoatl". Also the feather-like ornaments on the forehead of the boss may be a reference to the Aztec/Mayan culture.
- In Metal Slug Defense, Sol Dae Rokker is the toughest flying unit in a game, with a total of 30,000 HP at Level 30. As a result, the Sol Dae Rokker is the toughest, highest deploy cost and the most expensive unit for Independent Faction (a special faction in MSD that reunites units working independently).
- Sol Dae Rokker is tied with Rootmars for the hightest deploying cost in a game for 999 AP.
- It appears again in Metal Slug Attack in the first "Score Attack" Extra Ops as both the Main Boss and Ranking Reward. This time, it appears in wrath mode (when it turns red), getting improved speed and firepower. Also, in place of it MSD's Special Attack, it now launch multiple red beams in a row.
- It returns once again in the Extra Ops INVADER GIRL. After its destruction last time, it was rearmed by Natives (both normal mask and bird mask) and turned into it's "Anima" form. In this form, its Close Range Attack leaves a fire trail, and it's Special Attack is similar to it's normal form, but the beams stay on the floor and explode after some time (if Skill 3 is unlocked).