The Future Rebels brought two, giant, mechanical monsters to the present. The vehicle the player rides on has a Vulcan in the front, two movable arms, and a shock wave attack that serve as bombs. The player is unable to get out of the Slug Gigant, so the player dies once the vehicle's health reaches zero.
When in Co-op, both players use the same Slug Gigant. Player 1 controls movement, the forward Vulcan and the claw-blaster cannon, and Player 2 controls the original Vulcan from 7 planted on its shoulder. Each time the Slug Gigant is damaged, both players switch control of the Slug by means of swapping controllers (P1 becomes P2 and vice versa).
At the last part of the mission, Allen appears with his own "Gigant" with different weapons. The boss is fought with the Slug Gigant.
In other games
It also appears in Metal Slug Defense as a free event unit after take all its parts hidden in different area in the 1.32.0 update. Slug Gigant costs 999 AP. It is tied with the Stone Turtle as the toughest unit in the game.
The Slug Gigant returns as a Super Rare unit. It can be upgraded to shoot more shock waves.
A new variant of the Gigant, called the Slug Gigant MK II, appears as the boss unit for the "Next One" event. Colored blue and ridden by Ralf, this Gigant fires four shock waves (two on air and two on the ground) as its long range attack. It's special is using the XX Vulcan to rain shots onto the opposing army.
- Gigant is based of the word гигант, which means "giant" in Russian. Gigant is also a synonym for "giant" in German, the more usual word being "Riese". Gigant is also a Polish word that also means "giant".
- This is the only Slug vehicle which that shows damage for being hit. By it's last hitpoint, the cockpit shows the player characters fully exposed.
- This slug is the largest one and the one that can take the most hits ever in the series.
- The Slug Gigant MK II is the first Regular Army unit in Metal Slug Attack that serves as an event boss.
- In Metal Slug Defense and Metal Slug Attack, the Slug Gigant's pilot is clearly Clark, while MK II is Ralf.
|Mechanized||SV-001 (Metal Slug) | Slug Copter | Slug Flyer | Slug Sub | Astro Slug | Slug Gunner | Slugnoid | LV Armor | Walking Machine | Slug Mariner | Drill Slug | M-15A Bradley | Metal Claw | Forklift | Slug Mobile | Augensterm | Protogunner | Slug Digger | Slug Trolley | Slug Armor | Slug Gigant|
|Animal||SV-Camel | Elephant Slug | Ostrich Slug | Donkey Slug|
|Other||Middle-Son 1986 | Middle-Son 1999 | Motorcycle | Regular Army Helicopter | Landseek | PA33-21 Boat | RA-TTT | Rootmars|