Red Goblin is an original character exclusive to Metal Slug Attack.
"Former leader of the "Red Goblin" secret society. He named himself the "Red Goblin" in order to take his revenge on the man who caused the dismantling of the Society."
He is the former leader of the secret organization called "Red Goblin", which was at some point annihilated by Ptolemaios. Re-naming himself as "Red Goblin" he started to seek revenge, searching for Ptolemaios' whereabouts with the help of his Machyna, his little drone.
Upon the conclusion of the Ptolemaic Attack Extra Ops event, he avenges his fallen society by killing Ptolemaios. Machyna also captures a piece of dark matter.
During Another Story, in "Ωmegalpha", he has nightmares due to Ptolemaios betrayal to the Red Goblin society. He is woken up by Scotia Amundsen and also meets Vatn. The three have some issues regarding Ptolemaios; Vatn was hired by a village to investigate ghosts, Scotia wants to ask him where her father is, and the Red Goblin has his own personal issues with him. Vatn goes over his plan to the Red Goblin, and when their plan is complete, allows the Red Goblin to do what he wants to Ptolemaios.
When Vatn attacks the Ptolemaic base, the Red Goblin and Scotia enter amidst the chaos. He and his little drone Machyna destroy many surveillance cameras around the base before capturing two Special Forces soldiers and force them to divulge Ptolemaios' location. He is surprised when they don't know where he is, before he is suddenly attacked by Yoshino. Despite his injuries (which he sustained in an unknown incident), he defeats Yoshino and warns her not to follow him, as he has no grudges against her. He later encounters Ptolemaios and defeats him, which is the conclusion of the "Ptolemaic Attack" Extra Ops.
- When the player has unlocked his fourth skill, his plasma blade special attack produces sparks, increasing attack area and causing most projectiles that are slashed to be nullified.
- The drone automatically attacks air units above Red Goblin with a laser, and will also perform a suicide attack if Red Goblin is defeated and his third skill is unlocked.
- His drone closely resembles a Wall Drone.
- He and Scotia Amundsen can form a team when placed into a deck together, called "New Face". When this team is activated, their AP costs are reduced by 10%.
- Red Goblin's plasma blade highly resembles a lightsaber from Star Wars.
- Red Goblin's standard death animation is based off a Ptolemaic Guerilla.
- Red Goblin's burning death animation is an edited sprite of a burning Rebel Infantry animation.
- As of Version 2.0.0 in Metal Slug Attack, his sprite, along with his drone, is part of the Another Story mode.