The character was supposed to be the native who was struck by lightning in the first stage cutscene and the true final boss from Metal Slug 5.
The tower has plenty of animations, most of which are lasers, spinning bits and pieces, and lighting. There are only two animations of the actual tower-rider: him looking forward, and him looking to each side (left and right). There are also a lot of debris sprites that probably would be background elements.
While no official reason has been given to date, SNK may have scrapped this boss due to time constraints. He was finally used in Metal Slug Attack as an earnable and playable unit in the Extra Ops mode event named "Ptolemaic Attack".
His given info in MSA however is this..."Mysterious priest who manipulates the Ptolemaic army from the shadows. He alone annihilated the 'Red Goblin' secret society."
- Although discarded, this enemy features more animation sprites than the final enemy used in the game, the Evil Spirit Incarnate.
- Much like the Mammoth Tower, this enemy may have been a mini-boss in the Final Mission of Metal Slug 5.
- Some have noticed he bears a certain resemblance to Hollywood actor Sean Connery
- Based on the info from his character in Metal Slug Attack, it seems possible that MS5 would have had some backstory to this "Red Goblin" faction, as there is a playable unit of the same name. Not only that, his actual name has been finally revealed.
- For some reason, the Blue and Red Jewels next to Ptolemaios have been swapped in MSA (considering the sprite).
- Metal Slug Attack "Ptolemaic Attack" Extra Ops' story could explain why this boss is unused in Metal Slug 5, because he was beaten by Red Goblin first, so the Regular Army fought Evil Spirit Incarnate as the Final Boss instead.