The CEO of a wealthy business, the unnamed President is a rare POW appearing several times in the Metal Slug series. He takes the appearance of a middle-age, bespectacled man with light blond hair in a business suit.
After you save him (he is typically harder to reach than normal POWs), he says "Hi!" and stands around waiting. Once he's tagged, he calls his two of his bodyguards to give you an item from each of their briefcases. The bodyguards take several seconds to arrive, but they give more valuable items than other POWs--including rare weapons. He also provides a higher bonus score than regular POWs (50,000 points) if you manage to rescue him and stay alive until the end of the level.
- In the Recaptured Prisoners list at the end of the level, the President's "rank" is listed as "CEO" (or "VIP" in the Japanese version).
- Some theorize he is the President of the United States. This is possible but unlikely, as the US President is not typically referred to as a CEO.
- Unused graphics has the President running away from the scene like every other POW instead of calling his bodyguards, occasionally pushing up his glasses.
- In the Xbox 360 version of Metal Slug 3, rescuing the President in Mission 2 earns the player the "Save The President" achievement.
- In Metal Slug Attack , the President appears in POW Rescue as the last POW to be released/saved, though saving him doesn't have him speak his trademarked "Hi!" quote.