New Godokin City (or simply New Godokin) is a city that appears in Metal Slug 2/X, serving as the location of the mission Kiss in the Dark. It also serves as the seeting of the first mission in Metal Slug 4.
New Godokin is a large city full of economic activity, principally commerce. Its infrastructure is primarily composed of skyscrapers, hotels and office buildings.
A wealthy city, New Godokin houses different business establishments, such as coffee shops and grocery stores, which occupy much of the city's streets. Any part of the city can be reached by subway, bus or taxi, depending on the conveniences of those who wish to do so.
The sewers are located near the city's subway system. Thousands of liters of sewage are transported here on a daily basis.
Unbeknownst to its citizens, the sewers of New Godokin have been chosen by the Rebel Army as a testing site of their super-soldier project, an experiment well-shielded from the general public and performed behind closed doors. Foul stenches have had been emanating from the research area however, much to the disgust of the city's residents. Suspecting this may be a sign of underhanded rebel activity in the city, the Regular Army promptly takes immediate action and sends four commandos to conduct an investigation.
- New Godokin is based from Jersey City, with some of its environs based on New York City, such as the skyscrapers seen throughout the area.
- If one were to view the city's panorama, one of the skyscrapers resembles the Empire State Building. Another skyscraper appears to resemble the Chrysler Building, but this can be harder to notice. Alongside the buildings is the city's river, likely inspired by the view from the Hudson River.
- The city itself is an accurate depiction of large, well-known American cities reminiscent of the Golden Age Jazz and the Great Depression periods.
- It is assumed that the Rebels have at least a certain amount of influence on the city (with little governmental oversight) as the path leading to the city's sewer systems is heavily guarded by Rebel soldiers. However, as not all of the city is shown in this mission, this is not certain.
- In the tunnel leading deeper in to the city's sewers, players will have to confront Rebels utilizing stolen trains against them. This hints that the rebels were completely caught by surprise and were woefully low on utilities and thus were forced to halt the Regular Army's advance with whatever they could make do, most likely out of desperation.
- Staying too long near the entrance to the subway will result in a UFO materializing into view in the background.
- Before going in the subway, players will come across an apple tree which can be shot at for extra points.
Villeneuve Mt. System | Ronbertburg City | Käthehirt Valley | Ridge 256 | Gerhardt City | Straits of Traven | Saudi Arabia | Egypt | Rebel Supply Train | Hong Kong | New Godokin City | Rebel Siberian HQ | Rugname | Dr. Moureau's Island | Airplane Crash Site | Rebel's Secret Factory | Desert Ruins | Amadeus Mainframe Base | Corridor of Fire | New York | Osaka | Pekin | Meteor Crash Site | Scrap Island