Metal Slug 7(メタルスラッグ 7) is a run and gun video game by SNK Playmore for the Nintendo DS and Xbox 360 in the Metal Slug series. It was announced in the September 2007 issue of Famitsu and marks the first game in the main series that will be released without an arcade version. The game was released in Japan on July 22, 2008 and North America on November 28, 2008 by Ignition Entertainment. It was also released for PlayStation Portable and Xbox 360 as Metal Slug XX (or Metal Slug Double X).
Thanks to the reconstruction proceeding at a miraculous pace, the scars of destruction to the thoroughly destroyed headquarters of the Regular Army and it's surrounding city were becoming less and less noticeable to the objective observer.
Just as people were beginning to recover a long-lost sense of vitality and order, a video transmission arrived at HQ from the Regular Army's Division of Intel. Discovered in a clip from a documentary on the waste disposal controversy was the brief flash of a figure appearing to be one of Morden's soldiers crossing the screen.
The Division of Intel had no doubts: this was indisputably a member of Morden's Forces. HQ swiftly organized a six-man covert strike force assigned with the following objectives: confirm the presence of Morden's Forces, and then eliminate them - with extreme prejudice! Marco, Tarma, Eri and Fio were quickly assembled as the initial members for this mission. Ralf and Clark, who had previously thrown in their lots with Marco and company, were also on board.
"Hey! Long time, no see. I guess it's up to me to put things right yet again!!!"
"Back to the front, eh? Aren't we just a bunch of peas in a pod?"
So began our heroes infiltration of Garbage Island, perhaps the final lair of Morden's Forces. And these forces were sharpening their swords, awaiting their arrival and preparing to pounce.
The game has the same set of characters in Metal Slug 6 with the same abilities as its predecessor:
- Marco: His default weapon (Pistol on Normal and Hard, Heavy Machine Gun on Beginner) has twice the ordinary strength.
- Tarma: While riding in or on a Slug, durability and the effects of power-ups are doubled; additionally, the vulcan cannon's power is increased by 50%. He also is capable of using Vulcan Fix when on or in any vehicle. He can also use his special 'attack' (by using the same key combination for Ralf and Clark's melee attacks) on a Slug, randomly repairing or damaging it.
- Fio: Begins each mission with the Heavy Machine Gun (on Beginner mode, she begins with the Big Heavy Machine Gun from Metal Slug X and 3). Weapon supply is also increased by 50%.
- Eri: Receives twice as many grenades upon starting or resupplying. When throwing, she can aim in a specific direction.
- Ralf: Melee attack speed is doubled, at the expense of weapon and grenade supplies being halved. He can also use the special 'Vulcan Punch' attack, melee strikes capable of damaging vehicles. Can take two hits from most attacks before losing a life.
- Clark: Gets an extra chance at start of respawn. He can perform his 'Argentina Backbreaker' against most non-vehicle enemies, and he's immune to damage during the move, also earning generous amounts of points with such action.
There are seven levels and three difficulties: Beginner, Normal and Hard. Metal Slug 7 uses the Nintendo DS touchscreen as a map of the level, making it easier for the player to look at the level and where to get power ups or captured prisoners. The game also introduces the Prisoner's List menu and the return of Combat School mode which was originally from Metal Slug X.
Three new vehicles are:
- Slug Truck: A train-like machine that work similar to the Metal Slug except the cannon must be connected to the unit to access the cannon.
- Slug Gigant: Slug Gigant is a giant robot capable of massive firepower. It's Wave cannon can neutralize enemy fire with its melee attack.
- Slug Armor:An LV Armor variant, has both vulcan and cannon, can slide at high speed. Unlike the LV Armor, Slug Armor do not have ability to exchange the weapon, and more resistance.
The songs in the game are composed by Toshikazu Tanaka after his work in Metal Slug 5. An official soundtrack of the game named "Metal Slug 7 Original Soundtrack ~iTunes Limited Edition~" was released in iTunes Store in Japan on August 8 2008. Somehow, a few of the Metal Slug soundtracks are remix, such as the Assault Theme, Final Attack, Barracks, and a Metal Slug 4 boss theme.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|