The Iron Nokana is a modified giant armored truck that was adapted for combat. Its firepower is concentrated on the front, with a cannon and rocket launcher turret on the top and a hidden flamethrower on its bottom. To compensate for the lack of firepower in the rear, a Girida-O is mounted on its back.
The Iron Nokana's main weapon is its cannon on the front, which fire a series of cannon fire that must be timed correctly to be avoided. When Nokana has flames all over and flat tires, it will lift itself and show its flamethrower turret, which will try to burn you if you come near. After the turret is destroyed, some POWs will come out of it, and the boss will start to fire rockets at you if you go underneath it. If you go to its back, the Girida-O sitting on its back will start to shoot at you.
|Iron Nokana Mk I: Found in Metal Slug: Super Vehicle-001. This is its original version.|
|Mk II: This one is found in Metal Slug X. It has the same attacks, but has significantly more armor than the original version.|
|The Iron: See The Iron for more info.|
|Iron Nokameow: A special version of the Iron in Metal Slug Defense. It is carrying The "Cat Base" on its back and Morden is riding it. It was part in the Battle Cats promotional event.|
|Prototype Iron: Found in Metal Slug Attack. Just like its name says, it's the prototype version of The Iron. It uses a bigger unmanned flamethrower from below, making the flamethrower range more longer, and the missile pod is now placed on its back. Its name suggest that it is an early version or test model of the original Iron Nokana.
Description: "A prototype vehicle based on Morden Army's 'Iron Nokana'. This vehicle has impressive skills for a prototype."
|Spacey Nokana: Found in Metal Slug Attack. It is a customized Iron Nokana that is built specifically for Abigail, one of the Rebel Army's commanders. Compared to the original Iron Nokana and its MK II variant, the Spacey Nokana has a longer range. Since it was designed for Abigail, the ball turret fires out a large, piercing laser beam rather than the standard flamethrower.|
- It was based on the Sdkfz232 German 8 wheeled armored car, which is known as Schwerer Panzerspähwagen.
- In Metal Slug Defense and Metal Slug Attack, the Girida-O on its back has been removed.
- Despite having more armor, the Mk II can be destroyed faster that the Mk I due to being a first boss.
- Iron Nokana appears in Metal Slug Attack as an obtainable unit. Before, it could be obtained via Medal Crank, Elite World Map and Treasure Hunt (if player is LVL40). Now, in place of Medal Crank, it can be obtained on Event Crank, apart of the other ways named. Apart of its MSD version, attacks can now launch Incendiary Missiles with a specific skill.
- Iron Nokana MKII first appeared on Metal Slug Attack as a Boss in both World Map (on stage 13-4) and Guild Raid (Stage 8 of "Sandstorm City"). After, it was both Main Boss and Reward Unit on the Extra Ops "Operation Ikari". Now it can use Flamethrower with it missiles and cost more AP (650 at silver) but have improved armor and firepower.
- In the early stages of Metal Slug 1, the Iron Nokana is missing some Spikes in it's front plate, the plate is also painted red instead of grey in the final stages of the game.