War is always a dirty business, but who would have ever thought you would find yourself in a naval battle while in a sewer?
The Hozmi is a nuclear-powered submarine, designed for naval battle. It is equipped with a powerful electric cannons with long range. It is unknown since when they were able to create such weapons, but since in this game they have relations with the Martians, it is possible that the Hozmi could be constructed with alien technology. In fact Martians can be found in small booths overlooking the construction of other Hozmi-class vessels. There's also a super Hozmi. A variant which has flame throwers mounted on the bow and 2 Di-Cokka turrets are mounted behind the electric sphere.
Regardless of its origins, it's still no match for good old fashioned Peregrine Falcon violence. After the ship is destroyed, the crew will escape from submarine by jumping into sewage loaded water, adding insult to injury.
The fight against Hozmi is similar to the fight with Tani Oh. It will fire a barrage of electric spheres at you in some patterns, like firing a series of electric sphere at the same time or firing electric spheres that follow the player, or even an electric sphere that stops in mid-air and then go straight at the player. It will also fire a deadly electric beam from the cannon.
This rare variant of the Hozmi is found only in Metal Slug Universal.
- Various incomplete Hozmis can be seen in the background of the final mission, as soon as the building is breached. Several others that are nearly completed can be found in the foreground, and the Hozmi MkII is the boss in Metal Slug Universal.
- The Hozmi's design is based off the player's submarines from "In The Hunt", which was developed when Nazca was still a part of Irem. The color palette for Hozmi and Hozmi MkII is similar to the Player 1 and Player 2 submarines in the game.
- The Hozmi Appears in Metal Slug Defense as the Boss in Special Halloween Stage in 1.36.0 update. It attacks by firing homing Electric Spheres (or 5 Spread Electric Spheres at close range) as its basic attack, and firing the Electric Cannon as its special attack.
- Hozmi's Electric cannon can deal a lot of damage to your base and unit. It can even kill a boss unit with one single shot. But, luckily, the Energy Sphere can only deal damage to a small area.
- Like the Tani Oh boss fight. The Hozmi was placed on the bottom of screen, but it was easier to deal damage to it than its tank counterpart.
- Sometimes, when you have destroyed the Hozmi while it was using the Electric Cannon, it will have an "Immortal Glitch". The "New Turret" of the Hozmi popped out and replaced the Destroyed Turret (That was popped out when it was destroyed) and continues to attack you. This glitch was very annoying, because the Hozmi in this glitch was indestructible.