The Flying Parasite is a regular enemy from Metal Slug 6.
This breed of Invader is a small floating creature with three compound eyes and tendrils on it's sides. It uses the tendrils to drain its victim's flesh, but it can also attach itself to the victim's brain and control it with them. It can also stretch it's tendrils to attack the player. The death scene by this attack is the only scene where the player doesn't scream.
- Orange Variant - This variant are very common and can control or kill its host.
- Pink Variant - This don't attack and carries items for the player. Also called Friendly parasite.
- Green Variant - Its eyes protrude out of its head on eye stalks. Controls one of the selectable player characters depending on who the player(s) is/are playing as. (If Marco/Ralf or Tarma/Clark is Player 1, then the parasite will control Fio or Eri, unless she's player 2, then it'll be Tarma or Marco. If Fio or Eri is player 1, then the parasite will contol Marco or Tarma, unless he's player 2, then it'll be Tarma or Marco.) Instead of attacking directly, it instead uses its host to attack with a wide array of moves (handgun, knife/hatchet, grenade, Heavy Machine Gun, Flame Shot, and Rocket Launcher). Also, unlike other parasites, it cannot be killed directly; instead you need to injure its host to do that. It is currently the highest flying parasite while it has a host.
- When in control of a person, they will occasionally pull out a grenade and give it to their host to throw.
- There is a friendly variant that carries items for the player and doesn't attack.
- If the player rides Rootmars in Metal Slug 6, these are the common enemies to be seen.
- The victims, if they manage to escape, will be unscathed and will run away screaming.
- It's attack method is similar to that of a Huge Locust in how it swoops down and grabs the player before eating their innards.
- It is similar to the Headcrabs of the Half-Life series by Valve.
|Human||Rebel Infantry | Arabian Infantry | Samurai Infantry | Pirates | Scientists | Ptolemaic Infantry | Natives | Hunters | Future Rebels|
|Undead||Mummies (Mummy Generator) | Dog Mummy | Mutated Soldiers | Zombies | Tar Man | Clones|
|Mutant||Bat | Chowmein-Conga | Ohumein-Conga | Enormous Moray | Jellyfish | Flying Killer | Man Eater | Huge Locust | Sasquatch | Maggot | Big Snail | Giant Caterpillar | Squid | Huge Ivy|
|Alien||Monoeye | Ring Laser Mecha | Hopper Mecha | Mars Mecha | Mars People | Big Eye | UFO | Mini-UFO | Invader Squad | Winged Invader | Flying Parasite | Hunter Walker | Hunter Lord | Scavenger | Crab-Tank | Vanguard | Smasher | Invader UFO | Indestructible UFO | Flying Core|