The Emain Macha is the second boss in Metal Slug Advance.
They are also called The Twins. One is green-coloured while the second, red-coloured, is faster.
These bosses move from one side to the other while shooting from their turrets, which is also their only weak spot. The cannons fires explosives into the sky, which fall down to the floor where the player is making a line of fire (it disappears after a while) that damage the characters if they touch it. Luckily, the rate of fire of the turret is pretty slow, allowing the player to attack the cannon for quite a while before evading the explosives or the Rebel soldier shoot them with their bazooka.
When the first tank is destroyed, the second turret takes its place. This red elite tank is a lot quicker and its firing rate is faster than that of the first tank. Its more advanced cannon shoots the explosives in a neat line, causing a long line of fire that is recommended to stay away from getting damage.
Both tanks have the aid of rebels with a bazooka that respawn until the tank is blown up. A yellow rebel sometimes appears when the players killed him and received a Laser gun. Any of the Slug tanks (Except Slug Gunner) will help destroy these two quicker, receiving them a card of Emain Macha.
- The Twins are quite similar to the Big Shiee. In fact, the treads and cannon sprites are the same.
- In Metal Slug Defense, The Twins appear in stage 8 of Red Alternate World. It takes place in the boss fight instead of Big Shiee. In this Version, both of them have very high HP and are able to grind the enemy with its treads.
- Also, the red Emain Macha is the fastest unit in Metal Slug Defense.
- In the 1.42.0 update they appear as a playable unit, interestingly, they are 2 in one unit, both with same amount of health (30000 for each tank).
- Interestingly you can see on the minimap that Red Emain Macha is stand by behind the base waiting for the green one to be destroyed. Even when the base is destroyed, Unlike other units that it was destroyed when the base was destroyed, the red Emain Macha is still waiting behind a base and isn't destroyed.
- Like Big Shiee and Sandmarine, Emain Macha's debut as playable unit, It appears with full treads.
- In Metal Slug Attack, the Emain Macha are featured as the Wednesday-Thursday boss in the Day Specific Mission.
- In their mugshot, both are green. However, the in-game sprites are two different colors, one green and the other red.
- While both tanks have the same health and attack power, The red tank is faster than its green counterpart, however, the green one has stronger firepower.
- Interestingly, due to the fact that each tank has only one tread, they would be unable to steer.