Egypt (Arabic: مصر) is a country located in North Africa, with the Sinai Peninsula forming a land bridge in Southwest Asia. Egypt is thus a transcontinental country, and a major power in Africa, the Mediterranean region and the Islamic world. Covering an area of about 1,010,000 square kilometers, Egypt is bordered by the Mediterranean Sea to the north, the Gaza Strip and Israel to the northeast, the Red Sea to the east, Sudan to the south and Libya to the west.
Egypt is the setting of the second mission in Metal Slug 2 and Metal Slug X called Monument of Depression. This mission takes place in one of the structures of the Giza pyramid complex, where the Regular Army encounters rebels exploiting excavation workers. The excavations unintentionally invoke the ancient curse of Anubis, causing mummies to arise from their slumber and mummify all those who happen to be inside the tomb.
- Players can acquire a jewel worth 30,000 points by shooting the right eye of the giant stone bust of King Tutankhamun at the beginning of the mission.
- A dead explorer found in the second half of the mission can be slashed at for a whooping 50,000 points, but caution should be taken as he subsequently pulls out a dynamite, killing himself as well as the players if they continue to linger too close to him.
- Players can while away a few seconds among the miners to acquire some jewels worth some points.
- A Genie of Lamp can be chanced upon by the player by opening the chest located on top of an Anubis statue. Another genie will appear if the player shoots a few rounds above the spot where the chest once stood.
- Near the end of the level, a carving of the Eye of Horus can be shot at for extra points.
Villeneuve Mt. System | Ronbertburg City | Käthehirt Valley | Ridge 256 | Gerhardt City | Straits of Traven | Saudi Arabia | Egypt | Rebel Supply Train | Hong Kong | New Godokin City | Rebel Siberian HQ | Rugname | Dr. Moureau's Island | Airplane Crash Site | Rebel's Secret Factory | Desert Ruins | Amadeus Mainframe Base | Corridor of Fire | New York | Osaka | Pekin | Meteor Crash Site | Garbage Island