At the beginning of the Second Modern War in 2029, the division was sent by the Samurai Army to South America to launch an offensive against some Regular Army's troops located there. But unfortunately, the division equipment was rather ancient and not reliable, leading to its annihilation by some Regular troops.
The rest of the Division 6 created an hideout somewhere in the desert to hide themselves, the rest of their equipment and vehicles from their enemies.
The lack of rations didn't helped the men. Still, they were able to construct their hideout near a river for water supply. They then began rearranging their vehicles to function without gasoline and constructing several huts and shacks to make a little underground village. They built larger shacks to store the rest of their equipment. They also decorated the hideout with Japanese decorations. Apart from the rations, the Division 6 was doing well with their new quarter.
Near the end of the Second Modern War, the Samurai Army surrendered, leaving the Division 6 unaware of the end of the war for them because there was no radio station.
In 2031, the Third Modern War began and the Division 6 was still living in their hideout. When P.F. Squad and S.P.A.R.R.O.W.S agents discovered the hideout during a mission in South America, they were attacked by the Japanese soldiers thinking that the war is still ongoing and proceeded to attack the Regular agents, leading to a long fight between them.
Though the Division 6 also appears in Metal Slug Advance, it's presence (rendered as non-canon because of the game being a spin-off) doesn't make much sense. But one can assume that this is another division of the Samurai Army still active.
Units of the Division 6
- The place of origin of the Division 6 has first been revealed in the Samurai Tank's description in Metal Slug Defense.
- The fate of the Division 6 is identical to the real-life Imperial Japanese Army's 6th division, only that it was australian forces who discovered the division rather than the P.F. Squad.
- Since the real-life Division 6 surrendered after the allied forces told them that the war is over, it can be assumed that this Division 6 also surrendered to the Regular Army after learning that the Second Modern War was over.
- The Samurai Infantry, Samurai Tank and Samurai Plane also appears in Metal Slug Defense as a purchasable unit (only the Samurai Plane is unlockable) and in Metal Slug Attack.
- The Japanese Assault Force appears in Metal Slug Defense under the name "Samurai Infantry (RED)".
- It was later added the 15th July 2016 in Metal Slug Attack (misspelled as Japonese Assault Force) during the "Score Attack!!" event.