The Di-Cokka is one of the Rebel Army's main tanks in the Metal Slug series, being used in tough fights.
This tank was developed by using the stolen designs of the Sand Simon, modifying them to make it more compact and reduce the production costs. The Di-Cokka has a 155mm smoothbore cannon capable of rapid fire, but the turret is not usually seen rotating. This tank was mass produced by the Rebel Army due to its low production cost, thus is seen the most in the battlefield.
Upgrades & variants
Future Di-Cokka: The Future Rebels brought with them an advanced version of the Di-Cokka, which has better shielding (double that of a regular one) and fires an energy blast instead of a 155mm smoothbore. It is painted tinged-blue.
Morden's Di-Cokka: This variant, ridden by Morden, does not really attack and is always invincible when seen attacking (or being attacked by) Invaders. It also appears in Metal Slug 7/XX when the the players are destroying the future portal. This version of the Di-Cokka also appears in several of the mobile games series. It also appeared in Metal Slug Defense as a gift for the 23 million download event. In MSD, this variant is the toughest version. It appears again in Metal Slug Attack first as a purchasable unit during the Extra Ops "Alien vs Morden", keeping all it's attacks from defense but with a lower AP cost. Later, it was added during the Extra Ops "Food Army" to the Medal and V.I.P. Crank.
Di-Cokka Ver. P.M: The Ptolemaic version of the Di-Cokka is faster and has an upgraded rate of fire, firing without needing to charge like the original model does. No enemy soldier is seen coming out of the vehicle when it is destroyed, suggesting that it is unmanned. It may also suggest that the driver, loader, and gunner of the tank are killed inside and that the shells are highly explosive, or maybe even nuclear.
Di-Cokka (Zombie Army): This version of the Di-Cokka fires flashing rockets, while the Zombie Army's Girida-O fired a smoothbore shot. (in other words, the tanks' weapons were essentially switched around)
- The Di-Cokka's design is based on the American M22 Locust, produced during World War II. It also bears some resemblance to the M4 Sherman. Its armament is reminiscent of fast-loading, short barrel 75 mm guns, either the German 7.5 cm KwK 37 mounted on early Panzer IV models or the American 75 mm M2/M3 Howitzer mounted on M8 Scott (a derivative of M5 Stuart light tank designed for indirect fire support role).
- The first early concept of the Di-Cokka has a resemblance to the M3 Lee used in WWII . The second early concept  had an unusual, futuristic design with two sets of treads (two small ones at the front, and two larger ones at the rear), along with a second lower cannon.
- These would indicate that the Di-Cokka was originally to be armed with two cannons, much like the Sand Simon that it is based on.
- When the tank is damaged enough to render it useless, the driver will pop out and flee, or use an RPG-2 before fleeing.
- To deal with the tank's attack, the player simply has to crouch to evade the shots, as jumping over them might be risky. However, this tactic does not work for all the types of tanks used by the Rebel Army.
- The Di-Cokka's Tracks are same as the Sarubia's Tracks.
- The Ptolemaic version of the Di-Cokka somewhat resembles the M4A3E8 "Fury".
- The number 88, on the side of the tank possibly refers to skinhead language, where 88 means 'heil hitler' (h being the 8th number in the alphabet). This could be hinting the resemblance between General Morden's army and the 3rd Reich in Germany during WW2.
- While the Di-Cokka's turret is not seen rotating on its own, one of the cutscenes for Metal Slug 3D, where Allen O'Neil commands a massive legion of Di-Cokkas against a Regular Army base in a desert, some of the tanks are seen having their turrets rotating.
|Combat||Di-Cokka | Bull Chan | Girida-O | Iron Iso | Melty Honey | MV-280B | Mini-Bata | M-15A Bradley | LV Armor | MV-280C|
|Support||MV-280A | Dararin Dara Dara | 3-ton Utility Truck | Landseek | Nop-03 Sarubia | M-3 Rocket Launch Support Van | Double-Decker Bus | MG-36 | Ferry Boat | Subway | Turrets | Morden Saucer | Walking Locomotive | Garbage Fortress | Mine Carts|
|Aerial||R-Shobu | MH-6J Masknell | Flying Tara | Eaca-B|
|Marine||Hammer-Yang | Jet Hammer-Yang | U25U | Mini-Sub 88|
|Vigilance||Mosque Artillery | Patrol Robot | Supervisory Camera | Sensor Mine | Morden Robot | Metal Mole | Laser Drone | Pods | Robot Walker | Balor|
|Ptolemaic||Black Hound | Hover Vehicle | Hover Unit | A.P.C. | Ptolemaic Slug | Wall Drone | Units | Ptolemaic Saucer | Mammoth Tower|