Big Shiee is a large amphibious tank, designed for traveling on water and land, using its tracks to travel like a conventional tank. It is armed with several 75mm APDS cannons, as well as a large main cannon which is hidden on the front. It literally serves as a land battleship.
All the side-cannons of the tank will constantly fire at the player, so you must keep moving all the time while shooting them. Once at least four to five of the cannons are taken down, the boss will show its main cannon, a short-barreled huge-caliber weapon which fires a large heavy shell. This cannon is also used on the second boss in MS4 (Toschka Dalanue). If you avoid the the shell and are above it when it explodes, you will be flung into the air which is a perfect opportunity to damage the large cannon with the one on the Metal Slug.
- Battleship Big Shiee: Found in Metal Slug 2: Super Vehicle-001/II and Metal Slug X: Super Vehicle-001.
- Carrier Big Shiee: Found in the fourth mission of Metal Slug 6 as a background. It looks more realistic and many turrets have been removed for conversion to an aircraft carrier.
- Ghost Big Shiee: A sunken version of the Big Shiee, which has risen up again under mysterious circumstances. It only appears in Metal Slug Attack.
- Terrain Carrier: A Flying Tara carrier version of the Big Shiee, with only 4 turrets, it has longer threads and lacks some details, only appears in Metal Slug: 2nd Mission.
In Other Games
The Big Shiee appears in the 1.15.0 update as a boss unit. In the 1.36.0 update, the playable version of Big Shiee was released. In this version, the Big Shiee's treads can be clearly seen. The Big Shiee is the toughest deployable unit in a game, with 55,000 HP at level 35, and 60,500 by 10% HP Bonus if all units in a deck belonged to the Rebel Army.
It also appears as a obtainable unit on the extra ops "PIRATES ATTACK". It has the same attacks and stats than its MSD counterpart, except for its speed, which was decreased and its special attack, where the impact area of the bullet was increased. Also, the bullet speed can be increased thanks to its fourth skill.
A variant called the Ghost Shiee appears in the "Pirates Ghost" Extra Ops. It is faster than the original, is able to shoot two cannons at once, and it has the ability to evade.
- The Big Shiee is based on the real-life Yamato Class Battleship used by the Japanese Navy in WWII.
- When the giant cannon takes enough damage, the remaining cannons explode by themselves.
- When you defeat Big Shiee in Metal Slug 2/X, the Big Shiee looks like it's sinking. It is possible that Big Shiee was moving on water.
- The Emain Macha's treads are reused from the Big Shiee.
- The turrets used by the Big Shiee resembles the turret of the Japanese cruiser in the World War II.
- There is a boss from Metal Slug 3D where it shares plenty of similarities with the Big Shiee but is otherwise a different unit with a different layout of weaponry and ship design, not to mention being able to travel on top of and under sand.
- The Big Shiee was meant to fire Bombshells with fire trails, the sprites are present but it was not used during gameplay, however, Wall Crawler appears to shoot Bombshells similar to Big Shiee's.